Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Instead of doing generous things, choose to live generously.

I want to know God, and become more like Him. In that process, God has revealed countless things in me that need to change. 

If you ask me what God is doing in me today, I would give you a list. The list God is walking me through this year, is completely different from last year. In fact, many of the things God is doing in me now, I was unaware of a year ago. 

What I'm saying is, it is by God's love that He gives us bite size pieces of change to process and grow in. 

Just because we have worked through the challenges of last year, does not mean there are not a new set of challenges this year. Even if we spent time in a season of personal or corporate revival, there is work in us, that has yet to be accomplished. 

So embrace the change, seek it, embrace the transformation process. It is a life long journey. God is speaking to you, that is good news and a tremendous blessing. 

So here is one of the things from my list of what God is working on me today. 

Generosity is a way of life. It is not a choice we make from time to time. God is not asking us to choose to be generous in particular circumstances. God desires that we live a generous life.

In the book of Leviticus, God instructs the people on what they should do with their crops as they harvest them.

Leviticus 19:10 "Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the foreigner. I am the Lord your God."

God tells His people not to go back through their crops to get every last bit, rather leave it, so those less fortunate can have what remains.

God instructed His people to leave a portion of their crop for others to come and gather.

I am not trying convince anyone what they should or shouldn't do with their belongings. I am asking you to look at God's heart behind this instruction. 

God is saying, in your abundance, and in your hard work, consider the less fortunate. There are people who don't have what you have. So leave some for them too.

God is calling us today, to consider others in all we do. Whether we are working diligently, or just walking through our day; we need to happily consider the needs of others. Mainly, being open and willing to share with others out of our abundance.

Instead of doing generous things, choose to live generously. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey Dan,

    What a great concept. The scriptures are so full of Gods call to pour into others lives in all ways. I would like to send out and encouragement to those of us for whom this is not natural. We have all traveled different and difficult roads, and for many moving beyond ourselves is difficult. My passion for you is that the smallest step toward someone else, the smallest "widows mite" can- and will open a flood gate of blessings for you and others.

    ReplyDelete