Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Just Take A Step

Sometimes I find myself looking at a list I have compiled of all the things I need to do, or want to do, or would like to do; and I realize I have no idea where to start. 

Much like the cliche, I am looking at this cooked elephant sitting on my plate, and for the life of me, I can't think of a way to eat it.

At the end of this last year, God spoke to me about some of the things He was wanting to refine in me, and some things He is wanting to develop in me. I was so excited and encouraged to hear it. 

Yet I am finding, that as time passes, those words that were once so encouraging to me, are turning into impossible feats that are hard to stomach. How will I ever get from where I am, to where God wants me to be?  

Today God is reminding me that it was never His plan for me to be overwhelmed about the future. In fact, that is the exact opposite of His desire for me. God desires that I rest in His promises, rest in His provision, rest in His help. 

We all need to spend more time looking at the next step God puts before us, and less time looking back at the previous steps we may have missed, or even the steps way ahead of us. 

In Matthew 6:34 it says, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." 

I have to chuckle as I read this verse. Although this verse is certainly meant to be an encouragement to us, it is also a sobering reminder that to walk through a day, is to walk through trouble. 

So as you walk through today, let me encourage you, just look at what God has placed right in front of you. Don't look back, don't look too far forward. Live in this moment, God will give you what you need for this moment. 


I am praying for you... right now. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment