Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Living in the Unknown

Life comes in different seasons, and each season brings its own set of challenges. I have always been one who enjoyed a good challenge. Show me a mountain that can't be climbed, point out a wall that wont come down, and I am in.

However, recently there has been a glaring reality that I am having to face. The challenges I enjoy are the challenges I go after, but these are not necessarily the ones I need to face.

The truth I am facing is, I enjoy living in the known. I want to work on things that I understand, I want to grow in areas I am passionate about, I want to take up causes I have experience in.

God is showing me, there is also value in spending some time in the unknown. Growing in areas that I have no idea what to do, taking on challenges in arenas that I am completely unfamiliar.

Psalm 37:4-6 says "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him, and he will act. He will bring forth your righteousness as light, and your justice as the noonday."

This passage is pretty powerful, especially when you really slow down and look it.

"Commit your way to the Lord" It's not about asking God to bless my way; it's about committing my way to God and His will for me.

"Trust in him, and he will act" It's not about me conjuring up strength to do great things in the name of Jesus; it's about trusting Him, and knowing He will do what's needed.

The reality is, my focus, my trust, my eyes need to be on Jesus.

If I really believe that, I won't avoid the unknown.

I won't avoid the unknown because it's not about what I know.

Please allow me to encourage you with this thought, don't get preoccupied and focused on your comfort and knowledge. Instead, cling to Jesus. Cling to Him in every circumstance and in every season. Trust Him, and He will act.



1 comment:

  1. Standardization of the game risk.

    Sbobet It is a site where you can join the Buraco and many other gambling games to meet the wishes of everyone. With over 12 years of experience, it is widely known in the field of Internet gamblers across South East Asia.
    Buraco Buraco is a card game that is very popular in Brazil and always with Chinchon. Prepare your trick, make a sequence of cards, get a clean basket and earn a lot of points. Before the other players, with the popularity of this game, we have made a risky game to serve all customers and in addition to the Buraco. Ra has the great games of chance, more than 500 accounts.
    Do not wait for your friend to join the duel in this game. Get 200 baht bonus for induction. Controls no more than 15 points per month. We have a quality team waiting to serve all 24 hours a day at the website. Sbobet

    ReplyDelete