Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Change Of Strategy

Have you ever noticed how both church goers, and non-church goers alike often have a strong opinion supporting their decision?

I wonder why someone who does not go to church, has a strong opinion about it?

I can understand why you feel strongly about what you are committed to, but why a strong opinion about what you aren't committed to?

I wonder if some of what contributes to that, is tied to how we as a church have approached the unchurched?

I think sometimes in our zeal, we are so focused on people making a decision of "yes" or "no" to church, "yes" or "no" to Jesus, that we end up unintentionally putting up a wall between those people and the church.

I guess my thought boils down to this, if our evangelism plan leaves no room for relationship and discussion with someone, once they say no in that moment, we are doing evangelism wrong.

A "no" today, may be a "yes" a year from now.

Yet, if we leave no room for a year from now, we will never know.

Jesus wants us to tell people about Him, and to be honest about the need for them to choose to live a life with him. I also believe Jesus wants us to leave room for more conversation down the road.

What do you think? Is room for a later conversation important? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment