Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Choosing Faith or Planning

Two common sayings I hear in the church are; "Don't over spiritualize everything" and "Don't under spiritualize everything." 
A situation or scenario presents itself, and you have to decide, whether or not it was a God moment, or perhaps the result of a late night fast food trip.
You may have experienced this, you're sitting there in church, in your seat on a Sunday morning, minding your own business, and out of nowhere there is a call to action. Maybe it's to give your time to a ministry that needs more volunteers; maybe it's to give money to a missionary or a ministry area in the church that needs financial support; or scariest of all, maybe it's a person you see, that you feel compelled to talk to. Whatever it is, it surprised you, and the idea of whether or not you are supposed to step out in that moment isn't completely clear. 
If you're anything like me, in those moments, I often begin to rationalize my response. "Well, I have never served in that area, so I probably wouldn't be much help to them." Or, "I didn't really budget this month to give anything so, it would be irresponsible to give right now." Or most commonly, "I don't really know that person, so it would be weird if I talked to them." 
Really, these moments come down to a choice to lean into one of two things. We can lean into our faith, or we can lean into our planning. I'm not saying there is  always a right answer; and it's hard to decipher at times whether the moment is a moment for faith, or a moment of compulsion when we need to stick to our planning. 
It is my belief, that the decision you make isn't necessarily the most important thing. The most important thing is where you turn in moments like this. Do you seek God to see what He has to say about it? Or do you take action or inaction based on some other outside circumstance.
Allow me to encourage you, stay present in those moments, lean into God and His voice, and if He asks you to step out, lean into your faith and obey Him. You will be so glad you did.  

No comments:

Post a Comment