Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Sometimes the Perfect Response is Rest

I don't know if you are like me, but I am one of those strange people that fight feelings of guilt when I take time off from work. 
I worry about who will have to carry my load when I'm gone, and I fret over what I may have forgotten to tell someone before I left. 
I envy the people who clock out and switch into vacation mode, and don't give it another thought until they walk back into the office when they get back. 
The reality is, vacations are a great thing. In fact, rest in general is a wonderful thing. Taking a break is at times the best decision you can make. 
Luke 5:16 says, But He (Jesus) would withdraw to desolate places and pray. 
Jesus understood that getting away, resting, withdrawing was an important part of healthy living. He certainly felt the stress and pull of people's needs and expectations; so He got away when He needed to.
 

So here is my encouragement to you today. If you have been feeling overwhelmed, or stretched thin, it's probably time for you to withdraw and get away from it all. You may not have the ability to drive off to a hotel for a weekend, but it may just take an opportunity to turn off your phone and computer, and go sit on your back porch, or just go to a park and sit. Let the busyness of life fade away, get alone and let God offer you rest. 
Trust me, even when things are crazy, sometimes the perfect response to your situation is rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment