Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Join Me In The Journey

Treasa and I were talking recently about the years we have been together, all the ups and downs we have faced. It feels like remembering a movie or a book. It doesn't seem as if we are talking about ourselves, but rather that we are talking about characters we once knew.

I find it difficult to think about the 20 year old, or 25 year old me. I am embarrassed at how arrogant, immature, and dense I was. My whole world revolved around what I wanted, what I liked, and how things affected me. Other people, including my young family, were a distant second in my world.

I would like to say I have completely overcome all of those things, but I haven't, I am still in process. However, with assurance I can say, I am not that person anymore.

Sometimes I run into people who knew me during that time, or even before, and I wonder why they approach me in the way they do. Do they assume I am still that same person?

Why wouldn't they?

People don't change. At least that is what we hear. Yet many of us would attest, that simply isn't the case.

I am not who I was. In fact, my prayer is that one year from now, I am not the same as I am today.

Let me direct this to the real issue. The most important thing to note is, "how" I changed; or more accurately, "who" changed me. I am not different because I simply decided to become someone else. My change came by approaching the person of Jesus, and allowing Him to make the changes in me.

He is really good at what He does. I am really bad at what He does.

Not only could I never change myself, I wasn't able to choose which areas needed changing, or what to change them into. I needed Jesus, and I need Him still.

Do you need to make some changes? Are there some things in you that you wish weren't there?

I have some great news for you. Jesus can help you change.

The beauty of all of this is, Jesus doesn't turn introverts into extroverts. He doesn't change silly people into serious people, musicians into tax lawyers, or plumbers into lumberjacks. Jesus loves our individuality. God created us, He designed our unique mix of gifts and talents.

Jesus builds us up; and we can become so changed that people will see a completely different person.

So if you haven't yet, join me in the journey of allowing Jesus to build and change you into something even more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment