Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

When the Season Changes, Change

When I was in my early 20's and in the Army, I would spend my mornings running countless miles, and doing thousands of push-ups, sit-ups and other calisthenics. By the time 8:00 or 8:30 rolled around, I had expended more energy than I care to remember.

The great part of this was, I was burning so many calories each day, that I could eat whatever I wanted, and never gain a pound.

There was this sandwich place on base that made these awesome Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches. I would order two enormous sandwiches and a large order of cheese and bacon fries. I remember times when I called that monstrosity of a meal "lunch" multiple times in one week.

The problem was, when I got out of the Army, I never considered changing my diet. After a couple of months eating exactly the same as I was, but not continuing the insane workout routine, I gained close to 40 pounds!

My season had changed, but I didn't change with it.

This same concept applies to the different seasons in life we each walk through.

Maybe you were going through a difficult time with a relationship in your life, and even though that toxic relationship is out of your life, you still remain defensive and reserved toward others.

Maybe you went through a time of sickness, and even though you are well now, you still avoid getting out and doing new things out of fear of how your body may respond.

Isaiah 43:19 Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. 

God is frequently doing something new in our lives, and we need to adapt and change as those changes come.

When the cool Spring time begins to warm into hot Summer days, we change the clothes we wear to match the season we are in. In the same way, we need to adjust our thinking, our attitude, and our approach as our seasons of life change.

Let me encourage you to consider the season you are in. Are you still wearing the garments from your previous season? Or are you walking fully into your new season with eyes wide open?

Throw off your winter coat and enjoy the sun.

4 comments:

  1. What a timely word dear friend! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Written exactly a year ago and is what I needed to read today. Thanks bro. New season starts today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad this spoke to you Mike. I pray God bless you in countless ways, in your new season!

      Delete