Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Stay Present in the Midst of the Rush

The last couple weeks of my life have been pretty crazy. It has felt like there is either something big happening, coming, or just getting over. 

This isn't terribly new for me, being a minister at a life-giving church, a husband to a wonderful wife, and dad to 6 awesome kids keeps me pretty busy most of the time. 

These days there is something I really try to focus on, even in midst of the crazy seasons. Slow down and be present in this moment.

When I went to college, Treasa and I were pretty young, we had 3 kids, I was working full time, I was volunteering at a church about 20-30 hours a week, and taking a full, or more than full, class load. I was stupid busy. The problem was, there were courses I took at school, events I led at the church, trips I took with my family, that I don't even really remember. I was so busy, and so focused on getting things "done" I didn't slow down enough to enjoy what I was doing. 

In a world of goals, dreams, and deadlines, it's easy for us to get so focused on getting things accomplished, that we don't slow down enough to actually experience the beauty and the wonder of the moment we are in. 

So this is my challenge to me, and to you...

Don't become so busy that you are just getting things done, running so quickly that you'll never even remember days like today. 

Sure, take the world by storm; but do it while slowing down enough to have a meaningful conversation with your kids. Reach that goal you set for yourself; but do it while really absorbing the book you are reading, allow the thoughts stirring in your mind to sink in and take root. 

Find the beauty in the tasks in front of you today, be present for them, engage deeply in conversation. You will be so glad you did.


 

2 comments:

  1. This was for me, as I'm sure most people would say. You're a stud, Daniel

    -Thanasi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Thanasi! I'm glad it spoke to you. :)

    ReplyDelete