Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Get Busy, But Not Like Before

Ever since I began in ministry, I have struggled with feeling like I wasn't doing enough.

Only problem was, I wasn't necessarily feeling like I had much more to give. In fact, there were many times I felt like I didn't have anything to offer at all.

For years I just assumed it was because I was weak.

I don't about you, but I am one of those people that likes to learn a simple lesson. One that is easy to understand, easy to explain, easy to apply. God knows that about me, and He is so gracious to package His lessons for me in such a way.

One of those lessons God taught me, and frequently reminds me of, is this; God loves me. He loves me right now, He loves me no matter what I did today, or what I didn't do today. He loves me if I am feeling down, or if I am feeling like I could take on the world. He loves me when I am focused, He loves me when I struggle to put half a thought together. He loves me when I make great choices, and He loves me when I make really terrible choices. God loves me.

I would like to re-word that last paragraph for you...

God loves you, He loves you right now, He loves you no matter what you did today, or what you didn't do today. He loves you if you are feeling down, or if you are feeling like you could take on the world. He loves you when you are focused, He loves you when you struggle to put half a thought together. He loves you when you make great choices, and He loves you when you make really terrible choices. God loves you.

This lesson, although simple in nature, can be difficult to receive.

After God showed me this, I looked at my original question again, "Am I doing enough?"

It allowed me to see something I had not seen before. If I am feeling like I have nothing else to give, then something isn't right; because God loves me, and He doesn't want me to feel that way.

If God calls me to step out in a new venture, and I struggle to believe I am the right guy for the job; I take comfort knowing that God loves me, and He wouldn't tell me to go unless He would give me what I needed to accomplish the work.

I am not saying the answer is, do nothing. God loves us, and He loves us far too much to allow us to be useless. He made us effective and powerful.

Romans 8:37-39 says, "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. 

Look at the heart of this verse, you and I, we are conquerors; not observers or spectators. There isn't anything that can stop us from fulfilling the call God has on our life.

Look carefully though, at where the source for all of this to be done comes from... "the love of God, that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." 

We are powerful, we are conquerors, we are effective, when we are connected to the love of God.

So don't live like I did, don't become consumed by the task; yet, also don't become ineffective sitting idle waiting for time to pass.

Pastor Bill Johnson once said, "If you're not overwhelmed by your assignment (from God), then you are not seeing your assignment clearly."

Not overwhelmed by the work, not overwhelmed by the walls that stand in front of you. Overwhelmed by the love of God, and the greatness of His plans for our life.

So get busy... get busy receiving and embracing the love of God. Yes, get busy, but not like before.


No comments:

Post a Comment