Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Hope Is Now

Hopelessness is such an overwhelming feeling.

I don't know if there is anything more difficult to hear, than someone who is heart sick sharing their feelings of hopelessness.

It is one thing to worry how things will work out, or to struggle to see the light at the end of the tunnel. We all struggle from time to time, wondering how things will come together. We all have issues that may scare us, discourage us, or stir fear and doubt.

But to lose all hope that things will ever get better, that is a feeling I pray no one would ever experience.

In Proverbs 13:12 it says, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

When we lose hope, or when we set our hope on something over and over and it seems to fail us, we become heart sick. We get to a place of desperation, and we cry out, "if there has ever been a day I needed this to work, today is that day!" Then the day ends, and still no change.

Truth is, our trouble is going to last longer than we would like it to. Hardship comes more frequently than we prefer, and we will likely experience hurt that seems greater than we can bear.

Even still, do not lose hope.

In Romans 15:13 it says, "May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him...

I think sometimes we wait for our hope, joy, and peace to be found when the relief or the answer comes.

God wants us to experience hope, joy, and peace even in the trusting, even in the waiting.

So if you have been waiting on an answer, hear me please. If today is one of those days when, "if there has ever been a day I needed this to work, today is that day!", I encourage you to pray this prayer.

"God give me hope, joy and peace, as I wait."

This is a difficult prayer to pray, but it also moves our focus back to truth.

Our hope is not found in our circumstance, it is found in Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment