Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

We All Have Room For Improvement

One of my favorite things to do, is have long conversations about the areas of my life where I am weakest.

Not really.

I think the only thing worse than focusing on my weaknesses, is the stress associated with pretending they aren't there.

We all feel pretty comfortable saying we aren't perfect. Yet to talk about our areas of weakness is a totally different conversation.

I remember an interview where they asked me, "what is my greatest weakness". I thought for a second, and then said, "I get bored really fast."

The half confused, half blank stare on his face was pretty telling; he wasn't expecting that kind of an answer. He was looking for an answer like, "sometimes, I just care too much." or, "I have a tendency to try a little too hard in my tasks."

He was not expecting my confession of frequent boredom.

Truth is, a lot of times we ask questions when we don't expect an honest answer. We ask how people are doing, and when they answer with, "not good.", we get really uncomfortable, and feel a bit inconvenienced.

Weakness is a part of our mortal character. We are all here for a limited window. We work hard to understand and grow, but that takes time.

The irony isn't lost on me; that the never changing God, described in Hebrews 13:8 "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today..."; commands me to change, described in Romans 12:2 "... be transformed...".

The difference between me and God is, I still have room for improvement.

So let's embrace the reality that we are indeed imperfect. Let's be willing to talk about those weaknesses with those who love us and can help us grow in those areas.

After all, we all have room for improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment