Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

When the Right Words Are Hard to Find

I have come to grips with the fact that no matter how hard I work at growing and changing, I will always have room to grow.

We can realize that change will always be needed, then as a result, give up on changing. 

But that would be a terrible idea. 

I have this little exercise I walk through, in order to help me in my journey. I simply picture myself in High School, or shortly after. I think about the things I said, the things I did, and how I treated people. 

That is all the motivation I need. 

I had a couple conversations this week that have served as reminders, that continual growth is needed. These conversations were with people I care about, and in the end, I felt good about where the conversation went. 

Even still, I was reminded how my words and my actions directly affect all those around me. 

As hard as it is to accept this, we need to. 

Our growth benefits others just as much, or even more, as it benefits us.

Let me encourage you, don't get discouraged in the small steps along your journey.

Proverbs 21:5 says, Careful planning puts you ahead in the long run; hurry and scurry puts you further behind.

When we neglect the need to grow long term, the best we can accomplish is moments and seasons of temporary change. When we only pay attention to the day to day improvements we are making; we can miss the magnitude of growth we are experiencing over time.  It is the diligent work of long term effort that really shines through time. 

When we live that way, we can look back further, and learn to appreciate how far we have come.

So when the right words are hard to find, learn to be grateful. 

The wrong words you use today, are certainly better than your best effort ten years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment