Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Worship with Purpose

I love music. I love the sound of multiple instruments perfectly intertwined together with different voices playing in different octaves all coming together to create one beautiful sound. 
As much as I love music, I love worship so much more. 
Music alone is powerful and meaningful. Beautiful music with thought provoking lyrics is even better.  But there is nothing that can compare to the power and significance of worship. 
Worship is a means for us to connect to and converse with God. Psalm 95:6 says, "Oh come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the Lord, our Maker!" We are called to worship, and called to give God praise; but sometimes we aren't really sure what that even is supposed to look like.
With that in mind, I want to share with you, what my worship experience typically looks like.
I am not saying this is the only thing that happens, or should happen during worship; but, if worship for you has seemed flat or lacking in meaning, I encourage you to try this next time you walk into a worship gathering.
While I worship I am simply agreeing with the words in the song that speak about God and His character. If we sing Forever Reign, and these words come up,  "You are good, you are good when there's nothing good in me." That rings so true in my life. God has always been so good to me, even when there is nothing redeeming about my attitude or behavior. So I simply say in my heart, "Yes God! Thank You for being good to me, no matter what!" 
Another aspect of worship for me is getting my heart back in alignment. If we sing the song God I Look to You, and we sing the words, "Give me vision, to see things like you do." I ask God to do just that. It is so easy for me to get off track, and caught up in the frustrations or uncertainties of life, and my vision is all about me and my perspective. So I ask God to help me to see things how He does, how He wants me to see them. 
It may seem odd, simple, or even uncomfortable at first, but I believe as you worship with purpose you will find your worship experience to become more meaningful and enjoyable. 
So give it a try. Worship with purpose this week! 


No comments:

Post a Comment