Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

If You're Going To Be Here a While

I have always been so amazed by the story of Paul and Silas in prison. It's found in Acts Chapter 16. These two are preaching and telling people about Jesus, and it upsets the religious leaders. So they are questioned, then beaten, arrested, and thrown in prison.

I have experienced judgement for my faith. I have been teased because I am a Christian. I have been left out of things because of what I do for a living. I have been called names because of what I believe. All of those things are basically nothing compared to what Paul and Silas are experiencing in this story.

These guys were beaten badly and then shackled.

How would I respond in that moment? I wonder if I would be angry? I wonder if I would feel sorry for myself? I wonder if I would be upset with God for allowing me to experience such a thing?

Look at how Paul and Silas responded. Acts 16:25 "About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the other prisoners were listening to them."

They responded by praying and praising God.

That's crazy.

More than the obviously amazing reality of how they responded with love for God, we see others saw their response as well.

I don't know what you're going through, or what you're facing right now; but I know there are many ways you could possibly be responding to it.

You and I may feel justified in our feeling sorry for ourselves in difficult seasons, we may feel justified in being angry for our circumstances, and maybe we have every right to be.

Yet, if we change our focus a little, God can do something pretty powerful with our circumstance.

If we choose to love God, to praise Him, and refuse to become bitter, people will see something really remarkable in us.

Find a Bible, or look it up online what happens next. Acts 16:25-34.

You may be walking through a difficult season or circumstance, you have been there a while, and you may be there a while longer. Since you're there, you might as well praise God where you are, you never know what He might do in you, for you, or in the life of someone else.


1 comment:

  1. Special to Slots Angels

    บาคาร่า It's one of the ways you can participate in Slots Angels and other lucky draws, with more than 500 entries waiting for you to come join us. It has been in business for over 12 years, and is widely discussed in the industry of computer network risk across South East Asia.
    Slots Angels is an excellent internet slot game that is well-chosen for our gambling members. In Slots Angels 3D, what you have to choose is first. Total paylines from 30 paylines are not required. But the more the payline. Fortunately, you will be the one to win. The more you choose, the less you will need to use the coin in one spin / payline. Which is the answer slot. Whether you are a small player or a large player, you can adjust the amount of money according to the rotation.
    Do not wait for a moment to play the game in the game Slots Angels with your own easy. We have a team of professionals with the expertise to provide services to all non-stop 24 hours at the site. Gclub มือถือ

    ReplyDelete