Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The Correct Perspective

Have you ever had a couple year stretch where everything in your life goes exactly how you want it to?

Me either...

We all walk through seasons where things go well, and God's blessings are so evident. We also all walk through seasons where it seems nearly everything goes sideways.

Our circumstances have a way of lifting us up, or pulling us down. Yet, I don't think that is how God wants us to live.

I remember as a kid singing the song, "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus." I have probably sung that song at least twenty-trillion times... I am not even exaggerating. I think over time however, I allowed the words to become watered down for me.

"Turn your eyes upon Jesus, look full in His wonderful face, and the things of earth will go strangely dim, in the light of His glory and grace."

What a powerful song.

Now think about the premise of the message. If we look to Jesus, and choose to be completely fixed on Him, the things of this world will fade away, as we understand how small they are in contrast to how great God is.

In Hebrews 12:2 it says it this way, "Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God."

It isn't about our circumstance, our need, or our abundance. It is about fixing our eyes on Jesus.

Truth is, our struggles shouldn't pull us away from God; but our blessings shouldn't be what draws us to Him either.

Our goal is not the perfect circumstance.

Our goal is the correct perspective.

We are loved by God. We are not alone. We have eternal hope through our relationship with Him.

So let me encourage you... Look to Jesus, look solely at Him.

Then no matter what your circumstances are, when He is your focus, all the worries of this world will fade away in the light of His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment