Thanks for reading!

Thanks so much for visiting my blog! Please comment on any of the posts, I would love to hear your thoughts and I will be sure to reply. Also, please sign up to receive an email notification when a new blog is posted.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Dream a Crazy Big Dream

Do you ever slow down long enough to think about your future?

I don't mean imagining what you would do if someone gave you a million dollars. I mean, imagining what your future could look like if you did the work, prepared, and trusted God to open doors.

In a way I am talking about goals; but not normal goals. I am talking about goals that would need a divine touch in order to happen.

Consider this saying, "If you fail to plan, then you are planning to fail."

I like how King Solomon says it in Proverbs.

Proverbs 21:5 "The plans of the diligent lead surely to abundance, but everyone who is hasty comes only to poverty."

If we don't plan, if we don't set goals, if we don't dream, we will accomplish very little in this life.

For some of us, we get busy with the things in front of us today. So we never slow down long enough to dream and plan for tomorrow.

I think often times the underlying issue is, we are scared to dream, because if it doesn't happen, we will have to deal with feelings of failure.

Many of us are stuck where we are, paralyzed by our fear of failure.

So we avoid setting any goals or embracing any dreams at all, much less setting a large goal or believing an impossible dream.

Here is the problem with that.

You are not a temporary being, and you were never meant to think small and safe.

God has chosen you to reveal His love to others, but He also chose you to reveal His power and glory.

In Ephesians 3:20, 21 it says, "Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations for ever and ever! Amen." 

God is able to do more than we can ask or imagine.

If you look closely, it says why He does these great things in and through us.

God moves through us, in divine and supernatural ways, so that others might see His greatness, and be drawn to Him, drawn to Jesus.

Allowing God to do great things in your life, isn't really about you. It's about God being glorified through you.

So here is my challenge to you.

Below this post is a Comment Section.

I want you to go public with your crazy big dream!

Post something that you believe God has planted in your heart, something so big, that seems as if it could never come to pass.

Let's talk about out our dreams, and encourage each other as we pursue them.

Not for our fame, our gain, our glory; rather for God's glory to be shown through our lives.

3 comments:

  1. My big dream is to lead a large healthy youth group out of Malone. Not just what the world says I can do, but what God says he can do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dream of my heart is to know God so intimately that I would see the opportunity that surrounds me every moment to be influential in others lives. I want to be able to see what the Father is doing and hear what the Spirit is saying and be ready to act. All of my other dreams come out of that place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kolbey and Lisa! I love both of your answers. My crazy big dream is to live so close to Jesus that I can have a powerful Kingdom affect on people all over the world!

    ReplyDelete